6.05.2013

Whole Wheat Pancakes



My favorite pancakes growing up were my daddy's Wheat Blender Pancakes (recipe to come later). I, however, am not the proud owner of a blender yet. Which is why I present to you this recipe, Whole Wheat Pancakes. These taste almost identical to my daddy's pancakes, yet do not require a blender. So for those of you poor souls, like me, who do not have a blender (or the time to grind wheat), but are still craving that wheat pancake goodness, here is the best wheat pancake recipe you will ever have. 

Ingredients:
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup Bisquick
2 Tbsp baking powder
2/3 cup of milk
1 1/2 tsp salt
6 Tbsp brown sugar
4 Tbsp oil
4 eggs
2 cups water

Directions:
Mix together all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Then add each wet ingredient. Mix well. If you like your pancakes more fluffy, then separate the eggs and beat the egg whites before adding them to the whole mixture.

Note:
This makes a large batch. I typically cut the recipe in half when it's just my husband and I eating, and we'll still have a few left over. These are also fantastic if you refrigerate/freeze them, and toast them later.

As always, enjoy!

JR

No comments:

Post a Comment