1.19.2016

Book Review: The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater


The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis: If you could steal things from dreams, what would you take?
Ronan Lynch has secrets. Some he keeps from others. Some he keeps from himself.
One secret: Ronan can bring things out of his dreams.
And sometimes he's not the only one who wants those things.
Ronan is one of the raven boys--a group of friends, practically brothers, searching for a dead king named Glendower, who they think is hidden somewhere in the hills by their elite private school, Aglionby Academy. The path to Glendower has long lived as an undercurrent beneath town. But now, like Ronan's secrets, it is beginning to rise to the surface--changing everything in its wake.*

Wow. I am usually extremely nervous to read sequels to books that I thoroughly enjoyed (not that it every stops me from doing it). Maggie, I offer you my congratulations, The Dream Thieves was equally as impressive as The Raven Boys, and it was definitely not what I was expecting. The already well-developed characters spread their unique and mysterious roots even farther and deeper into my imagination, The plot development throughout the book is horrifyingly fantastic, it will keep you guessing until the end. Another thing I really enjoyed about The Dream Thieves, is that Maggie chose to focus mainly on Ronan's story, while still continuing the plot of the series with ease. Ronan had only been a supporting character in the first book, and it was thrilling to read about the dark, brooding, and rebellious boy of the gang, about what made Ronan the way he is. If you are looking for a great series to read, The Raven Cycle is intensely and aggravatingly good. 

See my review on The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) here. I just bought the third book, Blue Lily, Lily Blue (insert hallelujah chorus here), and I will let you know when I have finished that adventure!

How did you like The Dream Thieves?

JR

*Synopsis provided by Goodreads.com

No comments:

Post a Comment