6.10.2013

Fruit & Veggie Pasta Salad



Pasta salad has always been a particular favorite of mine. There are so many different delicious options to combine, and it is fairly healthy. This recipe is my favorite (thank you to my sweet mom-in-law!), my husband and I have it almost every week. Typically, we make enough to have a few left over meals throughout the week. I have listed below the serving sizes we use, keep in mind it grows fast while adding things. Feel free to add or subtract any ingredients from the salad to suit your fancy, and enjoy!

Salad Ingredients:
2 bags of pasta (Rotini is my favorite)
2 chicken breasts cooked and cubed
1 bag slivered almonds
Sliced green onions
Cubed cantaloupe
Grapes
Olives
Broccoli
Carrots
Cheese (cubed fresh mozzarella is my favorite)
Cucumber

Dressing Ingredients:
4 oz balsamic vinegar
8 oz olive oil
1 Tbsp sugar
2 pressed garlic cloves 
1 tsp basil
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp garlic powder 
3/4 tsp salt

Directions:
Cook the noodles and chicken ahead of time. 
Add and mix all of the salad ingredients in a large serving bowl.
Mix all of the dressing ingredients in a separate bowl/cup. 
Add and mix dressing into salad.
Store in the fridge for amazing left overs!  

Eat up, my lovelies! 

JR

1 comment: