8.04.2013

Book Reviews: City of Bones and City of Ashes


City of Bones by Cassandra Clare
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

The best thing about this book was how easily I was drawn into the story. Though parts of the story line are not very original (girl meets guy, girl falls for guy, guy has powers, etc), it was very entertaining. For me, that is what matters. Story lines may be similar to other books, but as long as I am immediately drawn in and feel, quite frankly, addicted to the book, then I am one happy camper. Clare has done a stupendous job at this. Her characters are very enticing, and very real. There was a few intriguing twists in the book that I also really enjoyed.  I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a good, entertaining, easy read. Beware of getting sucked in to the whole series! 


City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

Congratulations again, Clare, for relapsing my addiction to this set of characters. Even after taking along break between reading City of Bones (Book One) and this book, I was still immediately enthralled. Like the previous book, some parts of the story we have seen before. Despite that fact, I loved this book. It was very easy for me to get attached to the main characters, feel their pain and joy. It was a hard book to put down. 

I am hoping to read the rest of The Mortal Instruments series in the near future, so watch for those reviews. These include: City of Glass (Book Three), City of Fallen Angels (Book Four), and City of Lost Souls (Book Five). 

No comments:

Post a Comment