1.04.2014

Book Review: Clockwork Angel


Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

In 1878, Shadowhunters Will and Jem rescue Tessa from two evil warlocks. She is introduced to the demon-slaying world of Shadowhunters in the London Institute, and teams up with them in search of her missing brother, Nate. While searching for Nate, they find themselves up against vampire, demon, warlock, and human members of the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization. With an unstoppable army, the Pandemonium Club is determined to rule over the British Empire. Tessa and her allies are the only ones able to stop them.

I was a little wary starting this book, coming from recently finishing the Mortal Instruments series. It was a tad bit difficult to switch to a time in a different century, yet with similar characters and problems. After quickly adjusting, however, I found it quite pleasantly entertaining! The late 1800's pace was a nice change to what I have recently read. This book was difficult for me to put down (like most books, let's be honest). The plot developed well and had some heart-wrenching twists to it, which I love. The characters were well developed, intriguingly mysterious at the same time, and really easy to get attached to. Overall I would say it was a great book, and I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys a good YA read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment