2.03.2016

Book Review: Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater


Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3) by Maggie Stiefvater
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis: Blue Sargent has found things. For the first time in her life, she has friends she can trust, a group to which she can belong. The Raven Boys have taken her in as one of their own. Their problems have become hers, and her problems have become theirs. 
The trick with found things, though, is how easily they can be lost.
Friends can betray.
Mothers can disappear.
Visions can mislead.
Certainties can unravel.*

Maggie, Maggie, Maggie. Thank you, sincerely, for that marvelously awful cliffhanger at the end. We know you did it because you love us. Blue Lily, Lily Blue is a dizzying tale, spectacularly woven with supernatural mystery, raw adventure, and splashes of romance. This series grows more gripping and horrifyingly beautiful with every book. I hadn't thought of this until I started reading Blue Lily, Lily Blue, but I think the reason I love this series so much is that it reminds me of my childhood. My sisters and I had immeasurable imaginations, we were always seeking new adventures. We built a helicopter so we could fly and feel the wind whipping our faces (i.e. a wooden crate with wheels we would push each other down the driveway on); we dug caves for our treasure chests (i.e. we sat in the muddy creek by our house and hid cool rocks); we were imprisoned royalty trying to escape and take back the rightful seat of the throne (i.e. put on worn and torn dresses and trampled around the yard, chasing our dog 'the rogue king'), etc. We wanted to be the next Goonies, and this is exactly what reading The Raven Cycle feels like. My point is, this book is stunning. 

See my review on  The Raven Boys (The Raven Cycle #1) here, and The Dream Thieves (The Raven Cycle #2) here. Now just cross your fingers that I can last until March, when The Raven King (The Raven Cycle #4) comes out!

Sweet adventures to you,

JR

*Synopsis provided by Goodreads.com


No comments:

Post a Comment