4.06.2016

Book Review: Mistborn: The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson



Mistborn: The Final Empire (Mistborn #1) by Brandon Sanderson
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

Synopsis: Once, a hero rose to save the world. He failed.
For a thousand years since, the world has been a wasteland of ash and mist ruled by the immortal emperor known as the Lord Ruler. Every revolt has failed miserably. 
Yet somehow, hope survives. Hope that dares to dream of ending the empire and defeating the Lord Ruler. A new kind of uprising is being planned--one that depending on the cunning of a brilliant criminal mastermind and the determination of an unlikely heroine: a teenage street urchin named Vin. 
Once, a hero rose to save the world and failed. This time, can a young heroine succeed?

Oh, the feels! Brandon Sanderson, you are a brilliant man, horrible, but brilliant. Mistborn: The Final Empire is phenomenal--I don't know how else to explain it (probably due to the fact that I literally finished the book about 9.39 minutes ago, and I'm an emotional wreck--in a good way, of course). I have read quite a few fiction and fantasy books, but I can honestly say this is one of my favorites. A word of warning though: don't trust Sanderson, he is one crafty author. I am fairly positive that he must be a Mistborn himself, as he clearly has the ability to Sooth and Riot my emotions like the clever mastermind he is. The characters, oh, the well-crafted and violently riveting characters Sanderson introduces in Mistborn: The Final EmpireSanderson has created a magical, loathsome, charismatic, enigmatic, and simply addicting story. You will not be able to put this book down. In fact, this meme describes reading Mistborn: The Final Empire perfectly: 


Anyway, I am going to try to Sooth my own emotions now. [Translation: I am going to go purchase The Well of Ascension (Mistborn #2), because I'm truthfully addicted to Mistborn, and this book hangover will just not do].

Enjoy!

JR

*Synopsis provided by Goodreads.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment